Location: Surrey BC Job Type: Full Time Permanent Wage Offered: Start at $27.00 CAD/hour
Become a part of our Production team, we are looking for a Supervisor to our FISH FREEZING/STORAGE and GROUNDFISH FILLETING LINE.
The production supervisor for groundfish will work with our staff to efficiently operate the groundfish line and to build a great culture on the floor.
Type of Employment: Full time Permanent Hours of work: 32-40 per week Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible (Based in Canada is an asset)
Benefits: Dental care, Extended health care, Vision care
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Supervise, co-ordinate, schedule and review activities of workers.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other work units, Identify, evaluate, control and prevent hazards at all stages of the food production process.
- Monitoring of production materials and supplies.
- Establish methods to organize and plan production accordingly for multiple orders and customers.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures for continuous improvement in productivity and product quality.
- Provide training and coaching to production staff regarding different job duties, use of equipment or tools, safety procedures and company policy.
- Provide recommendation on personnel actions such as hiring’s and promotions.
- Prepare production reports to ensure recoveries meet standards. Reviewing daily production reports to ensure production meets quality and production targets as defined by the Company.
- Identify, evaluate, control and prevent hazards at all stages of the production process. Ensuring that HACCP, GMP and QA standards for food regulations are met.
- 5 years as a Supervisor in Fish/Meat industry (International factories/plants/companies preferably)
- Knowledge of specialized machinery: -deboners, knife sharpeners, fish skinners-
- Knowledge of Groundfish process
Education: Highschool degree is a must, University/College Education will be an asset.
Language: Excellent English Skills
Candidate must prove/ be ok with:
- Ability to supervise 40-50 people – Labourers in fish processing, Fish plant workers, Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers.
- Strong leadership, Interpersonal and Communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to communicate in an ESL work environment.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods.
- Working in cooler temperature, wet and moist.
- Requires flexibility on work time to meet tight deadlines.
If you are based already in Canada/USA and available to relocate immediately would be an asset.