Home care professionals needed in Newfoundland.
Full time 2 year contract.
Wage: 16.60 CAD/hour
Home support workers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Provide care and companionship for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, convalescence or family disruption
- Administer bedside and personal care to clients such as aid in ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene, and dressing and undressing
- Plan and prepare meals and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding clients
- May perform routine health-related duties such as changing non-sterile dressings, assisting in the administration of medications and collecting specimens under the general direction of home care agency supervisor or nurse
- May perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds.
- Secondary school education
- Home management experience
- College or other courses in home support are an asset.
- First aid certification may be required.
- Completion of a training program in care of the elderly, care of persons with disabilities, convalescent care or in a related field.
- Excellent English skills
- Ability to buy a carupon arrival in Canada
- Minimum one year experience working in a nursing home
- Experience in all aspects of caring for seniors
- Travel is required as this is in home care in various locations in Newfoundland