- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required and provide a written report to the service manager.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools as per the service procedure
- Test repair equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications and customers expectations
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment as well as report and issues
- May perform repair work on heavy trucks, trailers, off road construction equipment, snow plows and snow removal equipment
- May attach components and adjust construction equipment.
- Experience with different types of machines repairing power shift transmissions, fuel injection, hydraulics and electronics.
- Attention to detail
- Must have own tools
- Must have proper PPE
- Fall arrest training is provided
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- Follow safety protocol in the shop as per company manual
- Additional training available (we provide courses in different languages)
- Knowledge of: Engines, transmissions, construction equipment, hydraulics, electronics and wiring.
- English at least CBL 4
- Red seal certification
- Drivers license
- Having a vehicle
- Knowledge of Gehl brand equipment an asset (articulated loaders, skee loaders, etc.)