- Unload fish and shellfish from fishing vessels and transport them by hand or forklift truck to work area in fish processing plant
- Immerse fresh fish fillets in brine solution to condition them for wrapping or freezing
- Weigh fish or shellfish, record weight and pack fish in ice
- Sort fish according to species, weight and destination
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Pick up debris and empty trash containers
- Transport supplies and packaging materials throughout the plant and storage area manually or with powered equipment
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines.
Work site environment:
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- Hand-eye coordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Must be able to understand instructions and communicate in English
Experience in seafood plant is an asset.
Benefits: Transportation from the ferry to the plant; Daily, weekly and monthly bonus.