Position – Fish cutter – Fish processing
We are looking for 16 Fish cutters – Fish processing
Type of Employment: Full time 2 years
Wage: $ 15.25 per hour
Hours of work: 32 per week
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Set up and operate machines to cut, clean, brine, dehydrate or otherwise process fish.
• Working on production line to cut, clean and trim fish.
• Sorting fish, scrape away scales, separate fillets and remove scrap parts using knife.
• Check fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications and place in container for weighing.
• Set up and operate machines to bag, box and pack fish.
• Record production information such as quantity, weight, date and type of products packaged.
• Check products and packaging for any defects to ensure it meet company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as required.
Duties not limited to:
• Washing baskets.
• Labeling boxes.
• Racking and De-racking fish
• Lifting up to 25-70 pounds.
• General cleanup etc.
Experience: Some experience working with fish cutting is required, training is provided to the right candidate
Education: Completion of Secondary School is required.
Language: Ability to communicate in English will be an asset.
Forklift Driving will be an asset.
Standing for extended periods.
Working in cooler temperature, wet and moist.