Working hours: 8 hours/day, 40 hours/ week.
Benefits: Extended medical insurance, life insurance, extended health insurance, dental insurance, AD&D insurance, Accommodation is available.
International agriculture company specialized in cultivation, harvest, storage, and the handling of hay forage is currently seeking motivated, hardworking hay compressing plant operators in the plant located in Vanderhoof BC. You will be responsible for all hay compressing duties.
– Operate various farm machines for the purposes of plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest, including but not limited to tractors, balers, windrowers, disc bine, rock/root pickers, rake, stackers, seeders, and sprayers.
– Hauling hays and fertilizer
– Test hay moisture in hay shed (inbound and outbound)
– Stack, load, and unload hay in /from the sheds to the hay barns.
– Report and follow the instructions of the farm supervisor.
– Assist in maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery
Requirements (Skills and Qualifications):
– Basic farm machinery operation knowledge
– Ability to work in all weather
– Ability to work long hours, early mornings, late afternoons, and weekends if required
– English oral skills
– Prefer having experience on the following machinery：
Semi-Track: Volvo, Kenworth
Big Square baler: Krone HS1290
Tractor: John Deere 9410R, 7230R, 1250R, New Holland T7. 260S
Non-tile Air seeder: Salford 522
Excavator: Linkbelt 2800
– Proficient in various maintenance tools
– Valid driver’s license
– Familiar with farm machinery equipment maintenance