Come work as a carpenter in the beautiful Town of Watrous in Saskatchewan with a High wage.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements as well as amount of materials to order.
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools to meet requirements
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, and other materials as required
- Build concrete foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems from scratch or install prefabricated
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, molding, and hardware
- Install all types of flooring, such as hardwood, laminate, tile, vinyl
- Supervise apprentices and other construction workers
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Team player;
- Excellent English skills: speaking, writing, reading
- Client focus;
- Good Judgement; Values and ethics;
- Comfortable working at heights and outdoors in extreme temperatures.
- Experience operating skid steer or zoom boom an asset but not required.
- Willing to live in a very small town (2k population)
- Big asset: If you know the COMPLETE building process of doors start to finish
Benefits: Christmas bonuses, and perks based on performance, vehicle provided for remote work